Monday, September 15, 2008

spreading the love

in my quilting days i have spread the love of quilting to quite a few others. my sister-in-law, who taught her sister and 2 more friends. my husband's cousin. a neighbor girl in florida. my neice. and a friend from champaign (erica peters mongelli for those of you that know her) and she made this quilt for her mom as a thank you for everything she did in planning her wedding. she's not done with the binding but didn't it turn out great. this is a VERY tricky pattern because of the curves, so to do this for your first and it turn out this beautiful is amazing.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Angelo said...

way to go erica!! that is awesome!

Faith said...

OMG! Amazing!

Robbyn said...

This was her first? Wow! It's beautiful!

Del Angelo said...

Such talent!!! And Erica travels the world with her job! You go girl!

Erica said...

hahaha, thanks, everyone! i had no idea quilting or the pattern would be so hard (i picked the wedding ring pattern since it was a "wedding" gift) but cheri is the BEST teacher. :) miss you tons. xoxo-e
ps- del, this quilt has traveled on many trips with me, and it has STILL taken me over 2 years to finish!