Wednesday, September 10, 2008

almost tah-dah


here's the top half of the quilt. it has 6 of the 12 stars it will have. it will be 3 across, as you see here, but then it will be 4 down. the only thing is...argh...is that green square...see with the scottie dog tips? it's not completely square and the edges are off kilter. i remember mudders critiquing her own quilts like this and i thought she was crazy for seeing any problems. now i understand. i'll just embrace what the amish say "to make it perfect is trying to be god." that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

6 comments:

Del Angelo said...

Oh my goodness! That is by far the prettiest yet! Hope you don't try to top this!!!
E

Nicole said...

Beautiful. My mom made me and quilt and I love it. You're awesome and your son will love it

Elizabeth Angelo said...

so cool! i've never heard that quote before but that's a good one!

Faith said...

OMG I can't believe how fast you are! It looks really good. The more stars you put on there the more I love it. Good job!

Brock said...

that is so cool - absolutely stunning

Robbyn said...

Perfection's overrated. It's the "oops-es" that give things honesty and character (and make them that much more beautiful, IMO). I love how you make every star a little bit different. You are really flying through this one!