Wednesday, September 17, 2008

so close and yet so far

i talked to my OB last night. she said she can do the surgery and get it covered 100% but, now insurance has tacked on a $500 "facility co-pay" that is not mentioned anywhere in our co-pay information or paperwork on this insurance. in case anyone is wondering Cigna sucks, don't EVER take their insurance no matter what they promise you up front. they are bold-faced lieing.
i don't know what we are going to do. now we're talking about giving up on this whole baby thing and going to italy. i may or may not come back.
i know what you're thinking...
1) keep trying, kids are worth it.
response: at this point it's less heartache and the same money to just get another dog.
2) you haven't been trying long enough.
response: yes we have.
3) you haven't tried everything.
response: i'm too tired at this point for bigger hopes resulting in deeper heartache.
4) just keep praying.
response: shove it.
5) but you've come so far.
response: and my heart has the scars to prove it.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

oh that sucks. Insurance should be paying for that. especially since they told you what was and was not covered. They'll take your money for sure but then never pay out when they are supposed to. UGH.

I say go to italy. It'll be tons of fun and you'll remember it forever. :)

Brock said...

okay - I can take that - but I still will say the same things. I don't think you should give up or stop praying no matter how hard this gets. You want this. And it hurts to admit it. Its harder to admit that you want it because if you can't have it, you've been vulnerable and it hurts. It just plain sucks. But choosing not to do it won't make you want it less. I say, subject yourself to the pain of trying, because then you'll always be able to say that you never gave up. It is emotionally overwhelming, but you are choosing to go through this for a reason.

Brock said...

I was thinking about this in the shower, and you are free to delete this comment, but I figured, "hey, it is out there on the web..."

Here are my other thoughts: Focus on what is truth.

1. You want a baby.
2. Number one probably makes you want to cry (it's an emotional process and not easy).
3. There is a lot that can be done to help you get there.
4. You are not alone in this process, and there are many people praying for you.

Del Angelo said...

I say take off your panty hose and have an ice cream cone.
When you hurt, I hurt.
Mom

Sandra said...

Italy's not a bad option - what will you do with Tatum then? She's so cute if I weren't as far away I'd offer to look after her!

Cheri this absolutely sucks, my medical aid/insurance is also emptied out for the year, and I'm going to have to pay for so many Dr's visits still this year, out of pocket. At least once I get to 12 weeks (fingers crossed) I can apply for the pregnancy benefits. But I don't get anything before 12 weeks.

Unknown said...

I HATE each of those questions, suggestions. It makes me wanna smack someone. Hard.

Babe, you and your dear hubby are the only ones who can decide and/or have a "say" in what else you decide to do.

It's an insane roller coaster you're on. It will be your decision whether or not to get off. :hugs:

Valerie Bowman said...

4) just keep praying.
response: shove it.

I laughed out loud. I'm very sorry.