Saturday, September 27, 2008

if i ever wear a quilted vest shoot me

today in longmont there is the quilt-a-fair. it was quite the elastic banded lee jeans and walkers vortex. women from all around northern colorado came in for it. i've never seen so much country blue. i also realized i really am out of my element in the quilting world. as much as i love it and everything about it, i'm not quite your typical quilter. i got a couple what-is-SHE-doing-here glances. and when chatting with another woman actually heard the following statement come out of my mouth "i'm not a beginner...i've done carol doak's spinners quilt" with complete and utter annoyance. i think what's scarier is that the woman i said it to knew exactly which pattern i meant. i think that's when my heart stopped for a second. not with excitement like a heart normally stops, but with fear because i realized in order to box out this woman i whipped out my quilters resume complete with the pattern's creater. how quilt-nerdy is that?!
i DID however, find the pattern for my girl quilt. it's not tricky but it's curvy and really beautiful and i can't wait to start it but i will finish my boy quilt first since, in my hopeless state, i feel as if i have YEARS to finish both.
oh-and jpants-i saw your pattern twice and neither one of them came CLOSE to how pretty yours is. why do these people think everything is better in beige and hunter green?

5 comments:

Nicole said...

THANK GOD you are not a 'typical' quilter with the americana country blue and red wearing elastic lee pants. those people need a little spice in their life!

you're perect

i LOVE that you put the smackdown on that lady in her own place! hehehe

Valerie Bowman said...

I won't let you wear a quilted vest! Oh, and I know what you mean. I'm like one of the youngest romance novelists in my chapter. Everyone assumes I'm 25.

Elizabeth Angelo said...

i can only imagine the scene at that quilt fest. probably a lot of people with mauve and country blue dining rooms and geese that they dress. :)

Brock said...

hahahahahhahahahaaaaaaaa

that is so hilarious Cheri. I never talk to people at events of that type, but it is really cool that you stood up to thayem old biddies. lay the smack down!

"never seen so much country blue"
"beige and hunter green"

hilarious

Erica said...

thanks for making me laugh! i needed it today. :)