Sunday, September 14, 2008

seeing stars


lookie lookie! i got another row done. yesterday i spent all day (i know, pathetic) picking out fabrics and cutting them for the rest of the quilt. then today i sewed together the 3rd row. now this week i'll work on the last row and then the border. i usually just do solid fabrics but i think i'm gonna give it a little bling. no, i'm not going to use a bedazzler. i'm just not going to make it plane. i'm so excited and i just can't hide it. i know i know i know and i think i like it.
for those of you that haven't been around for previous quilts, it usually takes me a weekend, or at most a week to piece together a quilt top. but since each of these blocks has 48 pieces, i guess i really can't wonder where the time went.

4 comments:

Mar said...

I love this quilt. Why oh why couldnt I have been born with a smidge of creativity??

Del Angelo said...

Isn't there some place you can post this or enter into a contest??? This is the best yet...and that was a tough task to accomplish!!! This is ga ga beautiful!!!
Mom

Robbyn said...

Ha ha! adding bling with a bedazzler...I think it's great you spent all day working on it. I bet the time flew by, didn't it? I always loved it when I could find something creative like that to intensely focus on and enjoy. It's been way too long ago.

I was about to ask how long it usually took you to do one, but now I know the answer! Still seems like you're zipping through it, though. And doing an amazing job!

Brock said...

absolutely stunning...