Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Bond

Tatum's boyfriend Buster has been on vacation the last 10 days. Well, Buster wasn't on vacation, he was kenneled. His mom and dad were technically the one's on vacation. I thought they were gone until Wednesday, I don't know why I thought that. But Sunday night Dave called wondering if we could help them hook their new digital camera up to the TV to see their pictures. We called them back but got voicemail and didn't want to disturb them since they, I'm SURE, just wanted to relax at home.
Well, last night I ran into Josie at the grocery store and we chit chatted, and I asked her if they'd like to come over for dinner this week and to call me and tell me what night would be good.
After I got home I took Tatum for a walk. We, of course, wandered past Buster's house, but this time something different happened. Something that hasn't happened in the last 10 days. Buster was there and he barked. It almost seemed like he was barking out to Tatum but I thought I was making that up.
Then we went back home. I told Tatum we weren't going to play last night because they were resting after a long trip. She then spent the rest of the night pacing, puking, pooing and trying to get us to take her outside. I kept falling for it thinking "she must really be sick!" Finally I took her out and let her take the lead. Again...we pulled our ways all the way back to Buster's window, and again I told her we were not going to play. We pulled in opposite directions until I finally got her home where she continued to spend the rest of the night pacing and looking at the door like "if only". Finally at bed time I realized she wasn't sick or needing to go out...she wanted to go see Buster so bad she gave herself an upset stomach. It wasn't until we were heading to bed that she finally gave up her vigil and settled down. Is that crazy or what?

2 comments:

Robbyn said...

You know, I was just wondering about Tatum's Buster the other day and if they were still an item. Sounds like your little girl is lovesick. That's so sweet that she likes him so much!

Brock said...

awww so sweet