Friday, July 18, 2008

cautiously excited

i just got back from the RE appt. he was an in and out kinda guy. he was nice. but man i wanted just another second. although i could be saying that all afternoon i suppose. so here's the deal. he looked at my goods and there was a cyst on my left ovary that is 1 centimeter by 1.8 centimeters. and he suspects it might be an endrometrioma (not sure on spelling) but nothing that is going to require surgery anytime soon. i have a bunch of little black pockets up there that he said are follicles. and i said "the ones that are about to release the eggs?" and he said "no, it's sort of like seeing how many eggs a woman has in her basket...so that looks very good to see all of that." he said he wants me to do an HSG test just to see that the fallopian tubes are running and he wants DH (sorry-more fertility lingo for Dear Husband) to do the swimmer test (that's next thursday and i could not stop giggling when he was scheduling it...i felt all of 10 years old.) but then of course he wants to do clomid and IUI's right away. or in the next 6 weeks. no rush. but i'm not sure i'm quite ready for that. i want to have DH do his test and then try for 2 months. if i'm not pregnant then, then we can look into the clomid route.

so...all that said i called the lady with the new job and left her a message. i know i know this is against the rules but i want to tell her that my appt this afternoon went well but i wanted to let her know we want to start a family in the next couple years and i still plan on working after that. we can't afford for me not to work, and i really like having a career. but i want to put that on the table so that there are no surprises down the road from me and let her decide if she really still wants me. paul and i both feel bad if i don't tell her up front. and then let it be her decision. but i will still be working after kids. which is another nice thing about this job because this little town we are in is way better for having young kids than places we have lived in the past. ??? don't know. but i want to make sure she wants me before i tell my current boss. and i want to do it with a clear conscience.

2 comments:

Robbyn said...

"he was an in and out kinda guy." So that's what they're calling it nowadays, LOL! My RE is kind of the same way. No problem with answering questions, but if you're not on to the next question in the next breath he's outta' there. Glad to hear you had a good appt and that you've got a game plan for TTC and the job decision. I feel like the IUI Queen, so feel free to shoot any questions my way.

Elizabeth Angelo said...

Ha. I giggled my way through Brock's urology appt. Despite being a nurse, maturity flees me at moments like those. Glad the appt went well and you have a plan. Hope you are feeling encouraged about things!! :)