Thursday, August 28, 2008

good vibes

this is so cute. i work with three guys in my new job, that i LOVE and now know was the right decision. one is married with two boys and the other two are single. yesterday after my 2nd iui, i came to work and was a little sore. then took a late lunch around 1:30, went home, took tatum outside, ate lunch, did some dishes, and with my last couple minutes folded some laundry. then i came back at 2:30 and sat down at my desk. i don't know what happened after that. i got goosebumps, my lips went numb, the pain in my abdomen became a 10 on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the worst. and i just sat there hoping one of the guys would walk past my door. i didn't want to shout down the hall and i knew i couldn't get up. then the married guy walked past. he knows what's going on because of all these doctors appointments and stuff. he said "are you ok" "i think i'm gonna puke" "just go home!" "i can't drive." at this point he realizes i'm in serious trouble. he goes "write down paul's number...is he local?" "he's down in boulder." then we both think. then i said "i'm going to give it 20 minutes. it's coming in waves and then in the next wave i'll go home if i'm not feeling better." 20 minutes came and went and i was still in pain, but not a 10, more like an 8. i have never heard from any of my friends that iui's hurt this bad so i'm not sure what happened. i posted to my fertility buddies to see if one of them knows since allot of them have been through iui's. i know the nurse poked me yesterday but my goodness, a poke shouldn't do all that. at this point one of the other guys is in my office looking at me like i have lobsters coming out of my ears. (ah...electric sex in the window...if you haven't seen a christmas story you've been living under a rock and need to see it.) then later married guy comes back to my doorway and with all hope says "maybe this means you're pregnant!" with such innocent hope i couldn't argue with him. but i didn't want him to have too high of expectations. "even if i was married to michael phelps his swimmers wouldn't be that fast." and he realized that ya, maybe i wasn't quite pregnant just yet. isn't that cute? he has such high hopes for me. and i'll take it. we all know what a pessimist i can be so anybody that wants to send good vibes in my direction can stick around!

6 comments:

Del Angelo said...

VERY UNUSUAL that guys would even key in to this kind of thing (no offense any guys that read this) just unusual.

The Boss of this page said...

his wife had a miscarriage before she had her first and then they tried for YEARS for their second. so he really understands the heartache that goes into it all. he reminds me alot of dan the way he's real sensitive too.

Nicole said...

single? me too. HOOK IT UP

Nicole said...

Ok, now I just read the rest of the post after I got passed the single comment...

"even if i was married to michael phelps his swimmers wouldn't be that fast."' O-M-G girl you crack me up



i have a car payment now. that may or may not totally mess up my budget. ill call you this weekend for budget talk- i get paid tomorrow- and its the new amount with my raise. HOLLA

Robbyn said...

YAY! for loving the new job and the sensitive dudes, YIKES! on the poke and the pain, and the Michael Phelps comment was hilarious!

I had an IUI poke once that gave me bad cramping for a couple secs and was sore the rest of the day, but nothing like what you described. That sounded kind of scary. That's one of the reasons I think only dr's should do IUIs. Maybe it was really all from Super-eggie bursting her way out ;) Hope you are feeling MUCH better today.

Brock said...

oh man - so sorry you were in so much pain - that must have been terrifying.