Tuesday, August 19, 2008

MTHFR

get your mind out of the gutter. that is not an abbreviation for what you're thinking. it IS an abbreviation for the gene mutation that i have that is preventing my body from absorbing folic acid. this just came about from my blood work this week. the good news is they can give me a hyper folic acid suppliment to add to my daily collection that will give me sooooo much that i'll get just enough absorbed. jeesh.
on other good news, i also had another test that looked at my eggs and i scored an 11. she said she typically sees a 1 or a 2 so i am really good in that department. she said "in fact, you could be an egg donor you scored so high." crazy! and hopeful.
so until friday i continue peeing on sticks until i get my ovulation surge and then in we go to make a baby the almost old fashioned way. i'm way more hopeful today but still cautiously pessimistic (yes, my glass is half empty) with everything.

3 comments:

The Nomadic Parks said...

Right - now we know what NOT to talk about tomorrow. Seriously - we are so so excited to see you guys and your adorable dog. Just reading your blog makes me want to get in the car and come over tonight - enough of this waiting! See you soon!

Nicole said...

cheri and paul plus 8.

i thought you were mad and saying mother f**ker.... whoa

Del Angelo said...

Well I can't imagine my little girl saying something like that!!!
I'm praying all the time for the results this week! Knowing that God is still in control I have to leave it all at His feet...and for me that isn't easy!