Monday, August 11, 2008

the birds and the bees, or something close to it...

now that i've started back to work it's hard for me to get things posted. the new job is going good. better every day. i'm learning a lot and have a long way to go but so far so good. it's kind of a lot of pressure to not miss a date. i hope that i am able to keep up with that part well. keep your fingers crossed for me because i've already been told that if i miss a date i'm fired. tatum starts doggie day care tomorrow. she's gonna LOVE me for that.

so...i'm not sure if i'm ready to post this or not but here goes. and if it disappears just know you're not crazy...i chickened out just like the kidney bean post. today i went to the doctors office to get my bloodwork done for the month so they can start seeing where i am on things. and as i was talking to the nurse about our game plan for the month realized i could squeeze in one IUI before my insurance runs out. so, we're going for it. i'm kind of nervous/excited/scared and trying to keep myself grounded because for me getting pregnant is just part of the problem. i now know that just because i get a positive pregnancy test does NOT mean that i get a baby at the end of it all. the other problem is i don't have a normal cycle. so pray for me between the 20th and the 24th that the doctors are able to catch the eggs in time and get me tagged in time. how romantic right? i'm sure this is just how i pictured it when i was a little girl. i would fall madly in love with the most perfect man in all the world then he would do his business into a cup and the doctor would shoot it up in me and that's how babies are made. or something like that.

3 comments:

Robbyn said...

(I have to comment quick before you delete this one! :P) On IUIs, or for that matter, all of ART - yes, the method leaves a lot to be desired, but there's still a ton of love involved and the end result is the same, so just try to focus on that. I'll def keep you in my prayers that all goes well this month. You really deserve it! Good luck!

Glad to hear the new job's going well and can't wait to hear how Tatum does on her first day of school! Will you pack a lunch for her? (I do for mine.) Make sure to throw in a couple special treats! :)

Nicole said...

that's exactly how i pictured it. you mean, theres another way?!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL


HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you are SO FUNNY!

Elizabeth Angelo said...

How exciting! We will definitely be praying. Have Paul swear off the soy beforehand!!!! There's a lot of new evidence coming out that soy decreases little swimmers, if you know what I mean.