Tuesday, June 30, 2009

not as scary as i thought

tonight i went to my first acupuncture appointment. she was super nice and calm. she had me fill out a questionnaire and then we talked a little bit about our journey so far. she didn't suggest that western medicine was cah-cah or that i should give up on it or not listen to my doctor. she really wanted to know what i was diagnosed with so far. and then she told me to take off all my jewelry and clothes and put on a robe. she forgot to tell me i don't have to take off ALL my clothes. my inner nudist took it upon herself not to be modest and leave her undies in the changing room. so she put a couple pins in each ankle. a couple pins in my arms and then she asked me if i was right or left handed and put a pin in my right ear. weird. i felt like i looked like Pinhead but i looked down and the needles were laying against my skin, more like a porcupine than pinhead. it was interesting. then she talked to me about my diet and, well, are you sitting down? i have to give up sugar. completely. i can hear you laughing from here and it's not nice. i asked if i could eat all natural sugar and just not refined sugar. nope. i can have honey or agave. *sigh* that is gonna be the hardest part. i teared up when she said that. i asked her if i can still go running and she said "well, how bad do you want to have a baby? it's up to you." kinda like when we tell the kids "you can have a good attitude or go to your room...it's your choice." *sigh* i can do it. i know i can. and ironically i came home determined to eat up all the ice cream in the freezer since i'll start the new me tomorrow, but somehow just knowing that sugar is just a stepping stone to getting pregnant makes the ice cream completely unappetizing.

No comments: