Monday, March 15, 2010

SeRiOuSlY loving staying at home

this is my day today:
8:00 woke up and fed peanut one more time (he's sleeping better this week)
8:30 sweet pea woke up and we headed down for breakfast (cream cheesy eggs & bacon)
9:00 cleaned all 3 bathrooms with a toothbrush! LOVE clean!!!
then a shower for me and baths for both kiddos and out the door by 11:30 to have lunch with a friend
12:00 lunch with a friend
1:00 headed home for naptime (oops-an hour late but all is good)
put the kids down and finished putting away the cleaning supplies then tore into the front closet. WOW. LOVE IT! i can even squeeze the stroller into it. i should have taken before and after pictures because i could have a career in organizing.


then i started my oven cleaning concoction. you turn the oven on to 200 for 15 mintues, then turn it off and put 2 cups of amonia in a 8x11 pan on the top rack, 2 cups of boiling water in another 8x11 pan on the bottom rack and let it sit for 2 hours. then you take the amonia, add 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of white vinegar and wipe the oven down with that mix. let that sit for 15 minutes....or just keep scrubbing (which is what i can't help but do) and wah-lah, it's like a brand spanking new oven.
3:30 peanut woke up for a feeding
4:00 sweet pea woke up and we loaded up the stroller (from the closet), took snacks for sweet pea and chicken livers (from last weeks crock pot chicken) for tatum. we are working on getting her used to the dang stroller. for some reason when she stands still next to it for more than a second it freaks her out as if it had just appeared there. ???? that dog puzzles me. took a looooong walk. threw the ball for tatum then...
5:00 came home and started making dinner. pork stir fry with brown rice
6:30 paul came home and we ate dinner then
7:15 started heading to bed for sweet pea
7:30 i finished cleaning the oven and it looks brand NEW.

8:15 sat down and started blogging
I LOVE BEING A STAY AT HOME MOM!!!! I think I've thanked Paul every day since I started staying home. i LOVE it!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Angelo said...

Cheri', you are very inspiring! I don't think I have that level of energy on the days I am home. I am going to try your oven cleaning methodology!

Brock said...

So glad you are enjoying it! Liz does amazing things on the days she is home too. That is an interesting recipe for the oven cleaning - with impressive results

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it! I stayed home with Squeak for 2 weeks and I didn't get a darn thing done. It was all I could do to shower! I must be missing something...

The closet looks great! :)

MUDDERS said...

SOUNDS LIKE THE IDEAL LIFE. CONTENTMENT....THAT'S WHAT IT IS. GOD IS THE AUTHOR OF THAT, I THINK. I READ LAST NIGHT THAT GOD IS JUST AS WELL PLEASED WITH PRAISE FROM THE KITCHEN, OR WHEREVER WE ARE AS FROM A PULPIT AT CHURCH. I AM SURE HE IS PLEASED WITH YOUR CONTENTMENT.