Thursday, June 26, 2008

i married the right guy

we are kind of keeping an eye out for a crate for tatum that we could take on flights so she can come with us on long trips. so yesterday paul spotted one on the classifieds for work. so he emailed the girl and decided we'd take it. well later he realized there was a chip in the bottom where the door latches. so he decided to send her another email last night explaining that we are looking for one that is airline approved. he came upstairs, wrote an email, read it, re-read it again, called me up and read it to me, read it one more time and finally after about a half an our of proofreading hit "send". i was sitting behind him and at the same moment he pushed the button i said "oh and also say..." to which he jumps about a mile high on the inside and hops and turns around and looks at me in sheer panic only to see i'm whisper-laughing. i didn't have anything to add....i just wanted to put him into a quick panic. it's so fun to do that. he gives me such good reactions.

it reminds me of the time we lived in the apartment in denver and we were going somewhere. he locked the door and i walked on down the hall, turned the corner and went through the door to the staircase. then i closed the door and blocked it with my foot. there was no window to see through the door but i could hear him on the other side turning the knob, pushing harder, finally he stopped trying and i couldn't contain my whisper-laughing any longer. so i opened the door to see him standing there dumbfounded looking at it like "how did she get through here??" 

but my favorite of all was more of a scare than a tease. this was in the same apartment. i sent paul out with the garbage and then waited for him to come back in. there was a little hallway and then it opened up at the end to the family room where we kept a bookcase. i crouched down in front of the bookcase and waited, lurking in anticipation. i heard the door close and lock, then 4 steps and "RoOoAaARRR!!" full on with my hands in the cat claw shape above my head. at first i thought he was going to karate kick me but then i saw everything just freeze up in fear. it was the best scare ever in my life and i don't think i've tried scaring him since because the satisfaction of that one was so immense that any others will just be a let down. and he still hasn't forgiven me for that one.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Angelo said...

Ha! so funny. Brock loves to scare me too so I do have some sympathy for Paul.

Brock said...

hilarious! I love a good scare - I was laughing so hard at the typing one. Liz has medical expertise, so one thing I have found that works well is the question from the bathroom "wow, that's the fourth time I've had blood in my urine"....then i hear her yell "WHAAAAT?!" (ha ha)

Faith said...

hahahaha.