Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saturday

This morning I took Tatum on a walk and found Buster so we stopped to play and BONUS Josie was home AND she wasn't busy. She's always baking or babysitting or on her way to do 101 things. She's so much fun. So we got to talking about the kid thing vs the career thing and she helped me see things from a different point of view. I said "maybe I hate all of my jobs?" and she said "maybe God knew that he had to make you more misterable in order to get you to the place that you would quit working." So maybe God knew even though I didn't LIKE everything about my First American job, at least I still enjoyed working. So maybe he put me in the position that I would work where I am so that I would be miserable enough to quit working altogether. I never thought of it that way. Because I'm having a really hard time accepting that I made a mistake quitting the DC job. I know now that it was a mistake. And it's hard to swallow. It goes against my rule of "always take any opportunity that i'm offered." so....maybe she's right. Maybe this is right where God wants me.
Today we got a LOT done. Paul's parents came to pick up our guns because we don't have a closet to lock them in. They were a huge help. Paul got a little cabinet that will now hose the garage tools and can lock. It also has a plug in so you can plug tools in to it. Pretty cool. We also ran and got some last minute supplies, like trash cans with lids. Some more outlet plugs. Etc. And guess what-they have really cute plates and dishes for kids. But I don't know if I should go for girl or boy stuff. So....I wait. Ugh. And I wait and I wait and I wait. Hmph.
We had some lasagna that I made and had in the freezer since Tom and Hope were up. It was fun. Soooo fun in fact that they just couldn't go home so they spent the night. They were our guinea pigs on the futon in the basement. I offered them the bunk beds but they said they'd rather have the futon. They said they slept good though. Hope they weren't just being polite.

No comments: