Sunday, March 1, 2009

And now we wait....

Ok-this was a HUGE week and I haven't had time to post and barely time to check my email...so I'll do this day by day in seperate posts.
Tom & Hope (Paul's parents) stayed over last night because they were having WAY too much fun to go home. So I got up and made us pancakes and elk sausage and then we got to work. Paul and his dad finished gating off the water heater. Hope and I cleaned from top to bottom! It looks sooooo nice in here now. And then at 2:00 we went down to Broomfield and got a bookshelf from craigslist and came back and Paul baby-proofed the cabinets and I loaded up the new shelves. It looks SO nice down there. I may just go take some pictures to post.
So our home study was at 4:00....and it went well. We read through our home study and signed off on it. She checked over the house and all looks good and we are officailly in the wait mode. She told us there is a couple that was certified last summer and they are still waiting. I asked what takes so long? And she said "well some people just want babies." and since we are open to sibling groups it might not take so long. And we are open to an older sibling if it means they'd be split up and put in seperate homes. And by older we mean 12, not 17....we'll just have to see. We're not sure what to do we just are a couple of bleeding hearts. She did agree with us that we are not ready nor prepared for taking older teens. I told her I wouldn't have a clue if they walked in stoned and I would believe anything they told me. So I'm just not sure we can do that. But...doesn't matter. Now our file goes to certification on the 11th and then we can do our respite care 3 times...then...nothing...then we wait.

No comments: