Sunday, November 2, 2008

small town usa

i'm thinking about changing my wrong list out and updating you on things i like about longmont.
today i went to the thrift store because i need more pants for work. since i am not running right now in pursuit of a baby my middle has gotten quite comfortable in the spreading state. however, because of the time change i got there 30 minutes before they opened instead off 30 minutes after they opened. there's a little cafe around the corner that i've been meaning to try but just don't hang out down there too often so i had never been in there. i figured what a better time than now to go in. i ordered and they told me $3.50. handed over my plastic because i just never carry cash. they said "check or cash". Darn! so i said "oops! don't make it because i have neither." they said "ah, you look honest, we'll just start a tab for you." are you kidding me?! so they whipped out a paper bag next to the register and took down my first name only and my phone number and then wrote down $3.50 and said "there, now you can just pay us back next time you come in." ha! and it was a freaking GOOOD cup of coffee. actually it was a latte. it was like expresso royale for all you chambanan's. yum.ee. i had to call brock and tell him.
then i went back over to the thrift store. no jeans for me-darn it. well they had some but they were all mom jeans. you've seen the SNL skit with the "new 9 inch zipper!" yes. they were THOSE kind of jeans.
but i did score a couple pairs of dress pants and 3 sweaters. all for the low low price of $13.97. i know-i kicked butt huh?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

There are some really great things to be said of small towns. We live in a smallish town as well, but about 1 hours' drive from Johannesburg, the biggest city in SA, and I must admit I love the distance between here and the city, it's close enough for comfort but far enough to say we live in a smaller town.

Del said...

Only in Colorado!