Sunday, April 11, 2010

clueless and irritating

this is one of those posts where you're probably thinking "oh dear, was it me?" and it probably wasn't, i just get it so often it's hard to keep track of exactly which time it was that put me over the edge.
sometimes people say things to me, normally on facebook, and they have NO clue how it will effect me. how can they not know? because i don't even know until after they've said it. the strangest things will sting like a bee while other things that should hurt me to the core go right over my head like they asked me if i'd like a cup of coffee.
sometimes it depends on who said it. other times it will depend on when they said it. sometimes it doesn't bother me a bit at the time and then later i'm just so annoyed all i can do is roll my eyes like a junior high girl and click on the "hide" button. yes, i do that. then after i forgive them, i un"hide" them. it's how i cope.
i've recently been thinking about if we are truly ready to quit trying for our own since our house is currently at its limit, or if i really really really need to experience pregnancy just once. i KNOW you all mean well.....but....i'm not just saying that as an insurance to get pregnant because i "relaxed". yes, you are VERY well meaning in saying that. you also need to know that a) i might truly be ready to stop trying and b) it's been 3 years now. that's a mental benchmark for infertility and c) just because i stop trying does not mean i will automatically get pregnant because i relaxed. the statistics show, i've said it before, but i'll say it again, that the SAME NUMBER OF PEOPLE GET PREGNANT AFTER ADOPTION AS THOSE WHO CHOSE NOT TO ADOPT AND STILL GET PREGNANT. there are NO studies that prove that adoption OR giving up is a means to pregnancy. i REALLY appreciate the sentiment and i REALLY appreciate that you are grasping at straws to make me feel better. but you do NOT in any way, shape or form need to do that. sometimes i'm just telling you what's truly spinning through my head.
now, there's others that pop babies out left and right and with out thinking about it-because how COULD they know what almost 7 MILLION women they have NOTHING in common with struggle with?-they'll say the MOST insensitive thing like "well, i never know when i'll be popping out another." almost as if it's an inconvenience to them that they struggle with fertility instead of infertility. give me an effing break! (i'll keep it PG since my niece checks this blog. hi, adea!)
other times all it takes is one of those pregnant women to "like" one of my facebook statuses when i'm clearly referring to infertility and it feels like they are trying to come alongside me and say "i am here with you, i totally get it, that's exactly how i felt the 10 minutes i was waiting for my pregnancy test to turn up with the + sign i get minutes after trying to even GET pregnant." and i just want to strangle them with their stupidity.
*sigh*
for the most part, i'm over it. for the most part it doesn't bug me. but every now and again i just can't take it anymore and i think if i share with you the painful parts of my innards, then it's tit for tat for sharing some painful parts of your innards.
aaaaah. glad this is off my chest. sometimes i want to post some of the still-painful parts but i don't because i feel like i need to spare you, some of my loyal readers, or i'm afraid of who might read and get offended but if it's ok with you, i'd rather stay painfully honest. it is how this blog came about as my therapy anyway.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

you just go ahead and share your honest innards. blogs are therapy- it is so good to write things down and get them off your chest and out of your head! that is what my blog is for-therapy- and it is so good!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya!