Monday, January 18, 2010

a route with a plan

well....i met with the RE today and i am border border border border line pcos. the good news is i qualify for a medication. the bad news is it's still not an answer, but it's something. tonight i start the meds on a very small dose. then if my digestive system can handle it and i'm not making more trips to the bathroom than breaths in the day i'll up to a full dose in a week or so. next step is to do the hsg test. or what i refer to as the blowing-out-my-pipes test. then next month, i'll start a new medicine that is a cousin to clomid. or so it was explained to me that way. the new medicine is actually used to treat breast cancer. NOTE: this does NOT mean i have breast cancer, they suspect i have breast cancer, or i am going to get breast cancer. it just so happens that by accident it also helps women with pcos ovulate and so earned the nick-name of clomid's cousin. why am i not taking clomid you ask? um...because clomid makes me a CrAzY woman! CRAZY! cry ALL month long. and talk about emotional roller coaster. CRA-ZY! i told my doctor this morning that i have that reaction and he said, "then let's do femara." since actually ovulating is the least of my worries, because i happen to be in the 10% of women with pcos to ovulate on my own, i figured i don't care if they give me a sugar pill...as long as there's a plan behind the sugar pill i'll take it. after a couple months of the meds and trying on our own...we do another round of IUI. however, because of peanut's news being soooo incredibly up in the air, i'm not prepared to bring him/her into the fold and then spend a crazy month of his/her appointments and my appointments. it's just too much. so we'll wait until things in the peanut department get a little more settled before doing an IUI month. ok....i think i have enough links for one post.

3 comments:

Robbyn said...

Glad you have a plan! Sounds like you are starting Met? Hope it does not give you too much tummy-trouble. It only really bothered me at the beginning, maybe the first week or so. Good luck (with everything)! Still love reading all your posts, especially the cute SweetPea ones. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm on Met too. It has been really good so far. I did Femara for a while too and liked it MUCH better than Clomid. Sending good thoughts for all the upcoming possibilities!

Kristin said...

I used Femara! yay for breast cancer drugs!