Tuesday, January 5, 2010

my fans are waiting

well now that my fans are facebooking my husband to tell him to tell me to write another post, i guess i'll update you. hi Suma!! :D
when my brother was a baby my grandparents brought him a stuffed beaver from a vacation. he opened it up, threw it on the floor and said "yucky beaver!" my mom picked it up, trying to recover, and said "YES! yucky beaver!" and ever since "yucky beaver" has been my family's code for "i'm sure he/she likes it! but i have no idea what to say!"
that being said...my sister sent sweet pea a build-a-bear for christmas so we've been waiting and wAiTiNg and WAITING for it to get here. i guess it really is true. when you send mail to colorado, once it hits the state line, they pile ALL the mail up in bags, load them onto the back of a donkey, slap its butt and hope for the best. needless to say, i was very glad to see our donkey FINALLY made it. i called my sister so she could get on skype and watch sweet pea open her bear. we tore open the box and pulled out the build-a-bear box. sweet pea kept digging in the packing popcorn. she thought that was the best part. after much coaxing i got her to open the build-a-bear box. she whipped the build-a-bear bunny right onto the floor and went back to digging in the bottom the box. it could not have been scripted better.

this morning i found out that we have a hitting problem at school. i told them at home she gets a time out for that and that is NOT to be allowed. so before i left i got down in sweet pea's level and said "now we don't hit. remember? no hitting today. no hitting miss pratima, and no hitting miss bronwen. ok?.....look at my eyes....ok? now give mommy a hug so i know you understand." and she gave me a VERY reluctant hug. tonight i talked to bronwen and found out that, by golly, she only hit once today and she DID get a time out. it's amazing. bronwen also said "she turns 2 next month right?" and i said "no...not until june!" and she said "wow...she's really smart." and again, i think she's gifted. ha! my mom says everyone thinks their kids are gifted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri- Thanks for writing that quick blog last night .. your fan was asleep , so read it this morning.

Brock said...

Def gifted :-)