Monday, April 20, 2009

worst cake EVER

a few years ago when we had NO money I tried to make Paul a birthday cake from scratch. it tasted like flour with a side of flour. awful thing. i vowed to never do that again. but this weekend i got a vegan cookbook from another foster mom and it had a chocolate cake recipe. not too bad of ingredients. i acutally had all of them in the cupboards. so after the girls went to bed i decided to make them a surprise and bake them a chocolate cake for tomorrow night. i worked my way through it and 30 minutes later pulled it out. it actually looked and smelled good. i thought, well i'll just take this teeny tiny bite from the side. awful. as awful as the first made-from-scratch cake i made a few years back for paul's birthday. sooooo...tomorrow i will make some vegan icing to go with the vegan cake and see if i can make it taste ANY more edible.

2 comments:

Brock said...

Ask Missy for the recipe for her cookies she makes for Brandon. They have frosting on them. The first time I ate them, I thought: Man, this tastes like chalk.

Then, I found myself going back for another. Now I look forward to them whenever we go to FL. :-)

Mrs. Jones said...

I'm telling you that Vegan food'll kill ya! :)