Wednesday, April 1, 2009

keeping tabs

so today is a sad day. i dont' know why. ok. i do know why.
i came in to work and there's this picture of a little girl holding a baby and it says "john kokenzie has another grandchild" and i tried to make chit-chat with the receptionist as if it doesn't bother me that we now have running tickers posted on the office walls of how many grandkids everyone has. and she goes "ya, and he'll have another on thursday..so that will make 8. and so-and-so has 10!" and i realized. it's not just my generation that counts kids. once you get older-it's grandkids. so this feeling will never stop. i'll always feel like i'm just a notch below because i don't have kids and will never have any grandkids. it just makes me sad. it's supposed to be a normal woman function. it's the only function that sets us apart from men. *sigh* ok-i'm crying now so i gotta stop.

3 comments:

All Girls 1337 said...

Oh Sweetie!!! I so know this feeling! You will have children and grandchildren...because you are open to having them in nontraditional ways...and it helps me to say to you...that is how God intended it! I have 4 and continue to struggle and work for peace that I did not birth them (why can't I do THAT!)...you will be a MOM and a Grandmom!!! you will...{{{hugs}}}

Mrs. Jones said...

Help me Lord if the only thing that seperates me from a man is my reproductive system!!!! There are so many things about you and your personality and spirit that make you unique. Whatever road you are meant to take can and will be used by God to minister to others - you are an inspiration to those around you and most of the time you are never aware of it. Keep your chin up and it WILL all work together for good. Love ya.

Kristin said...

awh honey, it totally sucks. Nothing more can be said.