Friday, May 7, 2010

i've gained 5 pounds

5 pounds. since peanut came home. he's going to be 3 months next saturday. that's a LOT of weight to gain in that short of time. and i'll tell you why i gained it. but you have to promise not to laugh. ok...so i won't know if you laugh or not. i gained it because in my mind i was telling myself "i have a growing baby to feed. i need the energy" (aka-calories). what i forgot to remind myself was that I WAS NOT BREASTFEEDING and i don't need any extra calories. i know. it's ridiculous that i forgot to remind myself of that little tidbit but i did. so i fell off the sugar wagon with a thud and a giggle and i've been eating cookies and treats and worst of all: chocolate chips in a spoonful of peanut butter. UGH! should.never.do.that!ever!!
so now i gotta be really good again. and paul's been doing his p90x. he's been getting up at 5:30AM to do it too. i keep telling myself i'll go running in the mornings but then i'm up 2 or 3 times a night feeding mr. man and i'm so tired at 6am when i start rolling around and i end up falling back to sleep until about 7am when paul comes back upstairs to shower AND THEN it's too late because sweet pea starts waking up around 7:30am and paul's gotta head to work. i tried running in the evenings but do you have any idea how hard it is to run with your tummy full of dinner? it's hard. and i like to run far and there's not enough daylight left after dinner and bedtime. so. for now. i'm stuck. i could do the wii fit or do some of my workout videos or get out and go running no matter how tired i am. but for now i'll just remind myself that i don't need any extra calories.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

OMG I LOOOOOOVE chocolate chips in a spoonful of peanut butter! I just thought I was the only one! Try MMs too. :) ha!