Tuesday, July 28, 2009

alone together

one of the biggest parts of being a foster mom to a baby is bonding with them. the best way to do that is to be there when they are falling asleep and waking up. be the last and first thing they see when they are sleeping. because of that, we snuggle a LOT. yesterday i had sweet pea on her tummy in my arms and we were bouncing and rocking back and forth and she looked at my arm and then tried to pick up my freckles. for those of you who only know me from the internet i have a lot of freckles. i even won a freckle contest in the 3rd grade i have that many. my mom said they would go away when i got older. when i got older and asked when she said "22". when i got to 22 i realized sometimes moms don't have all the answers. but it's ok. i have embraced them. they aren't bad as far as freckles go. i've seen some bad ones and they aren't the bad kind.
another thing i do with sweet pea is touch. constantly touch. i touch her face. i touch her head. i run my hands from her hair down to her chin on both sides of her cheeks and she just smiles and smiles. but when it's time to go night night i touch her legs, i touch her arms, i touch her hair, i touch her tummy...just touching touching touching every moment. last night i was holding her with one arm and touching her hair with the other and she touched back. she started rubbing my arm and then rubbed my back where her arm fell through and then back to my arm. she's getting it. this is how you show love. and i love her.

1 comment:

Brock said...

so precious - she is such a sweety!