Tuesday, May 24, 2011

focus on the family has very boring writers

we got into foster care because of the "wait no more" conference held by focus. they took surveys and then later followed up and have asked us if they can use our story. i said sure and sent them a brief story. ok...not so brief story...and they just wrote back with the "cleaned up" version.

bwahahahahahahaha! i'm pretty sure i will never be selected to be a writer for focus for many reasons. i use the word "stirrups" when explaining why infertility treatments weren't for us. and i'm rather straightforward in my writing style. and i'm pretty sure focus cares if they offend people in their pamphlets and information. uuuuum we don't share the same writing philosophies. i figure if someone wants to read my opinion i can give my opinion. must not work the same for non-profit-bible-based organizations who have hundreds of people waiting to rip them to pieces.

just for kicks i'll give you the short focus version of our story...does this even SOUND like me???
“We had already filled out our international adoption application when some friends mentioned the Wait No More conference. We were not expecting it to be about adoption from foster care. The conference helped me see that every child needs the love of a family. By the time the last speaker spoke I was in tears and my husband was silent. We looked at each other and said "This is it." Three years have passed and we have been fortunate enough to finalize on the adoption of both our daughter and our son this past November. We feel like we have been called to wrap ourselves around these kids and love them and their families.”
so proper and polite. gag! but alas, i will sign so they can use our story for other hopeful foster parents.

3 comments:

lisamariepink said...

Oh my. I can be pretty sappy sometimes but this is even too sweet for me! lol

The Nomadic Parks said...

Welcome to my world. I sometimes whine that I want the freedom to blog like you - you're a great writer! Instead I have to censor everything public, no matter the included disclaimer. If I had my way, my next blog would be about sexism in conservative Christian missions and why there are only 9 chapters out of a 158 currently popular book about world missions that were authored or coauthored by a female (only 5 without a male "covering" ;) ) even though we happen to know that the majority of missionaries are actually women. But, for good reason, topics like those have been nixed by the other person receiving my same paycheck. ;)

suma said...

this is no where close is it?