Wednesday, August 12, 2009

NO INTERNET FOR 10 DAYS!

Wow. I'm back. And it's been TOO long. We switched our phone service and somehow it didn't get communicated that we would need a new port number for the internet. Our phone is through the internet. For the first few days we didn't even notice. We were out of town. Then busy. Then one day I tried to call my mom. Then the next day tried again. Then the next day clued in. Whoever said I jump to conclusions? Ha. I typically do. I guess this last week I didn't have time to jump to conclusions.
Sweet Pea is doing really good. She LOVES us a whole whole lot and is just amazing. Next week I get to meet a therapist that I'm really excited about getting started with. She told me that we'll go over what kinds of textures she likes or dislikes and if she eats with a spoon or lets me feed with a spoon and all kinds of crazy stuff I've noticed but not taken not of. So it will be interesting. I can't wait to learn it all and open my little world up.
Tatum, on the other hand, I have to gush about. She already knows which toys are hers and which toys are Sweet Pea's. They each have a basket of toys on opposite sides of the room and every night I put each one's toys back in their respective baskets. We have only had once incident to date and I totally understand why Tatum ripped it to shreds. It was a foamy bath toy and it's super squishy and if I were a dog I too would have ripped it to shreds. Here is an example. You can tell by the look on her face she KNOWS which toy is hers. Can you guess?

not hers...

hers....
I just realized how non-expressive she is in these pictures. She was tired that day and ready for us all to go back to work so she could sleep on the couches all day.
But anyway-tonight I took her for a walk with Sweet Pea in my new $20 garage saling Graco stroller. I made a killing a couple weekends ago. And I've been trying to teach Tatum "heel". I've never really understood what "heel" meant but I'm telling myself it means to stand to the right of the stroller and NO pulling. We were walking and Tatum would get ahead and I'd say "ok Tatum, heel." And she'd stop and turn around and walk to the right of the stroller and stay with us. She's so smart. I love that little doggie!!!

No comments: