Friday, January 14, 2011

pitiful return

lately i've been working really hard not to be karyssa's enabler. she has this look that she gives me and i cave every time. lately i've been trying REALLY hard not to cave. so when we got to doggie daycare to pick up tatum i said "do you want to stay in the car and eat a cracker? or do you want to come with mommy to get tatum?" she said "stay, cracker." ok. gave her a cracker, hopped out of the car and got tatum. when i came back she was sobbing. i HATE when she sobs. makes me cave immediately. and again, i'm an enabler. i said "sweetie! what's wrong?" she said "me!!!" (which means she wanted to go with me because i ask her "do you want to go with me?" and she's shortened it to simply "me".) i said "but remember? i asked you if you wanted to stay and eat a cracker or go with me and you said 'stay, cracker'!" with crocodile tears in her eyes she held up her cracker, without even a grain of salt missing, as if for a refund. oooooooh so sad. i caved and said "you can keep the cracker...let's just go look over the fence." and with that we took a peek at the other dogs and she stopped sobbing. poor baby. i can't wait for her communication skills to come together.

No comments: