Friday, October 9, 2009

Please pray.

I humbly ask for you to pray like you've never prayed before. I got word this morning that in the December court hearing they are going to ask that reunification be the remaining goal for Sweet Pea's case.

Now I stand back and realize a few things. I know the ultimate goal of the county is to keep the biological family as intact as possible. And I realize that some of the family members....ok...one family member is doing some of what they are supposed to do in order to get her back. I also realize that even on the best of good days this person is far from capable of taking care of and raising a baby. And I realize a lot MORE has to happen before she can be "reunited" with them on a long term basis.

That being said, I also realize how real the possibility is that we could lose her forever. And I don't know that I can do it.

Please pray that the GAL that represents Sweet Pea also sees this and recommends the courts not reunify. Pray that the judge sees both sides and sees what is truly in the best interest of the child. Please pray that the GAL is able to show the proof that we have that the visits themselves, not just the transporting from one place to another, is what stresses Sweet Pea out to the point that when she comes home to us she just melts into a pool of tears for the rest of the night. Pray that I am able to make my case clear and sound knowledgable and not just like a crazy foster mom that doesn't want to give up her baby. Please pray that I have the right words and thought processes to express how this will effect the rest of her life and not in a positive way.

And if I'm wrong, pray that I am able to see and accept that.

9 comments:

Elizabeth Angelo said...

oh cheri', we will certainly be praying!!

Lea said...

I'm sorry, Cheri. I know this isn't good news. A lot can happen between now and then. I'm thinking about you and wishing peace in this trying time.

Robbyn said...

Sending up a prayer right now. Hang in there, Friend. {hugs}

The Nomadic Parks said...

Grr...so hard. I'm praying right now and will keep on praying.

Anonymous said...

Know that God is bigger than all court systems & His master plan is the best plan. We are praying for you & for Sweet Pea! Love you Friend!

rachelle said...

We're praying for all of you. Praying for peace and wisdom. I know this is so hard.

Erica said...

praying.

mudders said...

Oh Cheri' I will certainly be praying that God's will can coincide with your will and you will have Karyssa for your entire life .....until death do you part.

SVrona said...

I will pray. This must be hard.