Sunday, January 10, 2021

No one's people

I keep seeing posts saying "check on your people". And I used to have people to check on. But what's become clear to me in these past few years is that because I don't adamantly claim any group, I'm neither Republican nor Democrat is that...I have no people left. I don't belong to anybody. And frankly, nobody cares how I'm doing as long as I'm not doing it where they have to see it, on social media. If I truly posted how I felt about anything it would weed people out fast. Not because I hate any one people group at all. Quite the opposite. I understand their pain and where they are coming from even if I have a differing opinion of where they are going. 

So what happens when everyone thinks they and only they are right? I don't know where to go with that. 

I don't know that I'm right...on a lot of things. So I stay quiet to let the chips land so I can see what's the truth and what was clickbait and what was a spin from the hearsayers of the first-handers. If you put 100 people in a room and they all experience the same thing, you'll still have 100 versions of what just happened. It's just who we are as humans. Does that mean 99 were wrong? No...it means 100 people translated the exact same experience from their viewpoints. 

So...I just keep to myself. I isolate further and deeper and spend more time quietly crying and wishing I could call that friend that hates me for my politics. Or at least...what they understand are my politics. But they don't really know because even though they've listened they haven't heard me for years. 

No comments: