Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Asher's Birthday

I LOVE birthday parties for my kids. Each year we try to tone it down more and more. This year Karyssa will be four and I am going to TRY and only have 4 little friends over (one for each year.) But I LOVE the look on the kids' faces when everyone sings happy birthday. UGH! priceless!
This year we had our parents and a few buddies that are Asher's age come over and I did an airplane party for him. Cupcakes, a fruit plate and these bad boys.

They actually were delicious and actually took me all week to figure out. I know about the gum and life saver planes, but everybody was 2...so that didn't really work. I walked up and down the candy aisle and came up with this.

First the wheels didn't stand up with icing. Then they fell flat on the bottom. Then I decided to melt chocolate chips, dip the M&M's and set them side by side on the bottom of the twix bar. Then let them cool in the fridge for a day. Wah-lah! It worked. Then the icing worked to attach the graham cracker wings and the propeller pretzel. Honestly, if I would have had enough chocolate I would have done melted chocolate for all 3 parts but...they tasted delicious and lasted long enough for the party so that's what I did.

This was the look on his face when we sang Happy Birthday and everyone got to the "Dear Aaaaaasheeeer!" part. UGH! my favorite part!!! I love that little man!

No comments: